Amerinet Collaborates With Cardinal Health to Provide New Pharmacy Clinical Support Services to Members
St. Louis (May 27, 2014) - Amerinet Inc., a leading national healthcare solutions organization, today announced it is working with Cardinal Health to provide new clinical support services to members focused on helping them improve patient outcomes and the financial performance of pharmacies. Members will benefit through:
- Drug cost savings through a guaranteed savings program
- Consultative services for medication safety, operations improvement and regulatory compliance
- Drug information services
- Optimized outpatient pharmacy operations
- Improved patient monitoring by pharmacists 24-7 through remote medication order entry services
“Cardinal Health is widely recognized as an industry leader in pharmacy services,” said Gary Freeman, vice president of pharmacy for Amerinet. “Utilizing their subject matter experts, resources, and proven best practices to rapidly bring information and tools to help Amerinet members improve clinical outcomes and control drug costs will be of great value.”
Clinical subject matter experts will be dedicated to supporting all Amerinet members with access to quality and regulatory updates, changing standards, newsletters, the latest medication safety best practices and policies and procedures templates. They will also provide formulary monographs, drug information, antibiotic trending reports and evidence-based clinical information resources.
“Amerinet members will benefit from member-wide negotiated pricing for a full suite of pharmacy support services that is designed to help them advance the pharmacy as a strategic driver for the hospital’s agenda and transform the pharmacy into a strategic asset,” said Mary Baxter, vice president of Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions.
The services support four opportunity areas on the hospital agenda identified by Cardinal Health as the Four F Framework:
- Find new meaningful growth and cost savings through new revenue streams such as outpatient pharmacies, or by reducing drug costs
- Fix operational inefficiencies through programs such as inventory and automation optimization and pharmaceutical recovery programs
- Fulfill the mission and quality patient care through initiatives like antibiotic stewardship, accreditation compliance, remote medication order entry services
- Follow patients beyond the hospital throughout the continuum of care with outpatient discharge medications and medication therapy management services
About Cardinal Health
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $101 billion health care services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products and services to more than 100,000 locations each day and is also the industry-leading direct-to-home medical supplies distributor. The company is a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company operates the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #19 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs 33,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at www.cardinalhealth.com and @CardinalHealth on Twitter.
As a leading national healthcare solutions organization, Amerinet collaborates with acute and alternate care providers to create and deliver unique solutions through performance improvement resources, guidance and ongoing support. With better product standardization and utilization, new financial tools beyond contracting and alliances that help lower costs, raise revenue and champion quality, Amerinet enriches healthcare delivery for its members and the communities they serve. To learn more about how Amerinet can help you successfully navigate the future of healthcare reform, visit www.amerinet-gpo.com.